Monday, May 23, 2011

Foo Fighters!


Last week my love and I got to see the Foo Fighters perform at the lovely BOK Center. This little last minute surprise made this girl very happy :-)

The FF's have been on my list of band's to see live for quite some time and I'm glad that I finally got to mark them off of my list.

They did not disappoint! Dave Grohl wailed on the guitar & vocals (of course) and Taylor Hawkins was a drum phenom. At one point Dave did a little accoustic set on a separate stage in the middle of the arena that rose up in the air & then segueyed into a guitar battle against his guitarist on a separate stage...sweet!


This is during the acoustic set
We were in a lovely little section to the left of the stage right by the speakers. It was really loud during some points so I reluctantly put in my ear plugs a few times towards the end (you're welcome mom and dad).



Me and the boy

Dave, Jo, me & Chad
They actually chose Tulsa as their kick-off point for the start of this tour promoting their new album (weird, but I'll take it). It was completely sold out. Who knew Oklahoma had so many FF fans?! Motorhead opened for them, but we weren't too gung-ho to see them so took our time enjoying the Mexican fare of Casa Laredo nearby. It's a perfect dinner spot for satisfying any pre-show munchies.
LOVED seeing all the people rockin' out!



Their stage was like a giant TV screen...lit up & showed video footage

On another note, SafetSuit (the band my brother plays drums in) is on a short tour with The Script! They met on the VH1 music cruise and decided that hitting the road together was a must in the near future. So glad it all worked out! Word on the street is the tour is already sold out, but if they happen to be coming near you check into it anyway! It will totally be worth the $ :-) I can't wait until the new SS album is out and they play somewhere near Tulsa (hopefully that will happen soon).

Love,

K Zig

No comments:

Post a Comment